Conference ProTips29 Aug 2015
This started as a series of VMworld protips, however, they apply equally well to most tech conferenes. These are pulled directly from my tweet stream, without much in the way of context:
- VMworld ProTip: Lost gadgets happen. Put some contact info on your backgrounds: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/iphoneandipodtouchapps/ss/Wallpaper.htm be prepared to remote wipe.
- VMworld ProTip #24: Netflix, Spotify, etc… don’t be that dude on the wifi…
- Nigel Hickey @vCenterNerd: #VMworld ProTip #769: Get your spouse/partner setup with @spousetivities. Don’t lock them up in the hotel, please. Let them explore too!
- VMworld ProTip #25: USPS “If it fits it ships” boxes are your friends on the return trip.
- VMworld ProTip #47: Everyone has a plan till they show up. Schedule works as a high level guide, but VMworld happens.
- VMworld ProTip #94: No, that isn’t a free wifi network. Tunnel like a mofo.
- VMworld ProTip #93: Practice Good charging hygine: https://lockedusb.com/ and others.
- VMworld ProTip #92: Always Be Charging, and if you’ve extra: share.
- I am John White @johna_white #VMworld ProTip #8675309: Don’t stare at your phone or tablet before the session, say hello to your neighbor.
- VMworld ProTip #33: Again on people: Do Not eat alone. Also do not eat with your travel group. Meet people, share war stories, etc.
- Scott S. Lowe @scott_lowe RT @cody_bunch: #VMworld ProTip #31: Help people. < FTFY :-)
- Nigel Hickey @vCenterNerd #VMworld ProTip #768: Spend time in the Hang Space and do not skip that. Great place to network with friends & find new ones! //@cody_bunch
- VMworld ProTip #52: The community has a lot of micro-celebs. Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself to that blogger you’ve followed for ever
- VMworld ProTip #32: On the people part, meet, connect, and follow-up with at least three. Build your own micro-community.
- VMworld ProTip #31: Everyone there knows something you don’t. The inverse is also true. /Help/ people.
- VMworld ProTip #92: Pace yourself, and make time for yourself. Go for a walk or nap if you need to get away.
- VMworld ProTips? ProTip #48 - Bring cough / vitamin C drops. You will need them.